Help the Cats win the thumb war competition

Prior to the Annual Cat-Griz game the student newspapers at the University of Montana and Montana State University have entered a competition of their own. Between the MSU Exponent and the UM Kaimin, whichever publication has the most Facebook page likes by Nov. 18 will claim the title of the most popular student newspaper in the state and a $1,000 award from First Security Bank.

“We have gained hundreds of likes in the last few weeks, but we have a lot of catching up to do,” Exponent Editor-in-Chief Logan Henke explained. “I’m confident that we will be able to beat the Griz both on the field and on the web.”

The Exponent started in 1895, with students in Missoula following suit in 1898 with the publication of The Kaimin. “We are the older and superior publication,” Henke said, “Bobcat fans and Exponent alums across the country now have the opportunity to prove it once again.”

A special gameday edition of The Exponent will be distributed outside the stadium during Cat/Griz. “We are thankful for the generous support from First Security Bank,” Henke said, “and would like to remind everyone of the Can the Griz food drive and other events taking place this week. Go Cats!”

Support your favorite student newspaper and like us on Facebook by searching msuexponent. The competition ends on Saturday, Nov. 18 at 10:00 p.m.